Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Next yr bull????

edited December 2022 in Fund Discussions
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-outlook-bull-market-5000-projection-economy-recession-sp500-2022-12

Spy/ stocks +26% next 12 months?!
Feds ease off pedals, stocks so low recently, maybe forecasted bad Er for 2023, maybe short recession ( /could be priced in)/ poor unemployment....
Maybe lots speculation but history showed
markets already taken off 1/2 ways through major past recessions

Analysts different firms recent analysis states could be 3700 - 4500 4600 end Dec 2023
Get ready

Comments

• MAYBE, may be the key word for any investing, yes?
    Let the so called pundits provide their investment list to MFO and we'll check back in a year or so.
  • We may be looking for a rocky first half, at least that's what the pundits appear to be forecasting, as we re-test the lows of this past year. But then each also alludes to a second half rally. That scenario seems very reasonable.
  • edited December 2022
    Or
    https://fortune.com/2022/12/07/how-bad-recession-economist-dr-doom-nouriel-roubini-stock-market-forecast/

Dr. Doom’ Nouriel Roubini says a severe recession will cause stocks to drop 25%—and warns zombie companies are in danger
    Even if the U.S. economy experiences only a “short and shallow” recession, “Dr. Doom” sees stocks falling another 15%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gilpress/2022/12/08/analysts-predictions-about-ai-in-2023/?sh=32244c047179

Nobody knows

Best guess maybe keep selling weekly or 14d Spy puts 10% lowered stock prices collect small weekly premiums
  • edited December 2022
    I'm pondering whether to add to my junk bonds. 2023 won't be wonderful. But bond yields are already up nicely, with share prices down. The bond-bull is over, but buying shares at depressed prices does not sound like a terrible idea.... TUHYX. I still think Morningstar has that fund all wrong, given their own chart YTD. How can it be doing so terribly while beating both the index and peers? Yes, it's way down. But the index and peers are doing even worse.
    https://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/tuhyx/quote
  • edited December 2022
    Hi Sir @crash
    Pls look at TMF 12 24 months chart
    Ust 10 yrs could be few yrs hold imho

If have lots fry powder You may consider buying bunch now like 1000 shares then start selling little once get to 20, 25, 30 etc....
  • Leveraged 3X. no thank you, but i appreciate you stopping by.:)
  • Dear Crash. Have you compared your beloved TUHYX to SJNK or VWEHX YTD?
  • Hello, @larryB. i won't touch Vanguard after reports here about stinky poopy customer service. SJNK looks interesting! Thank you. I'll add it to my list, and into the New Year, throw some money at it. But WAIT: the yield is lower than I'm getting at my beloved TUHYX. Total Return IS the goal, of course. There's a conundrum.
  • If you are reinvesting the divs the lower yield doesn’t hurt as much. I left V because of the lack of service and can access non admiral shares of V mutual funds at Schwab,,,, where the service is shockingly good. As the Bogleheads say “ take your risks on the equity side.”
  • I agree
    V bonddesks 1.2 hrs wait average
    Schwab bond desks 2mins
    Merrill trading agents so hard contact during trading hours but very easy after hour weekdays as well as Saturday think until 2 pm

Have both Vang has lots junk Corp individual bonds higher risks higher rewards
  • larryB said:

If you are reinvesting the divs the lower yield doesn’t hurt as much. I left V because of the lack of service and can access non admiral shares of V mutual funds at Schwab,,,, where the service is shockingly good. As the Bogleheads say “ take your risks on the equity side.”

+1. Glad to hear back from you. Yes, that makes sense.:)