Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fidelity funds single stock limit waiver

The topic mentioned in the title of this article (behind pay wall) was discussed at MFO.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-08/fidelity-funds-seek-to-make-bigger-bets-on-individual-stocks#xj4y7vzkg

Can somebody please direct me to that thread? Also, what are the 13 funds that sought the waiver if that list is not mentioned in the MFO discussion / thread.

My search skills are not adequate for MFO.

Thank you.

Comments

• Search MFO for "nondiversified". There are several threads on this topic, especially involving LC-growth. But I didn't find any thread that listed 13 such funds.
  • Here's the proxy for 12 Fidelity funds to become non-diversified. There may be an unrelated 13th fund floating around somewhere.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/35348/000120677423000176/fgf4137113-def14a.htm

Sometimes, not always, one can get around Bloomberg's paywall by reading Google's cached copy. Bloomberg says that the funds' combined AUM was about $140B as of Nov 30th. So if you're desperate for that 13th fund, check on the other 12's AUM around the end of Nov, subtract from $140B, and then search for a Fidelity fund with that much in assets as of late Nov.

I'm not that desperate:-)

Bloomberg also says that the filings were made the week of Dec 1.

• Thanks.

The twelve funds included in the SEC filing are -

FIDELITY ADVISOR ® EQUITY GROWTH FUND
    FIDELITY ADVISOR ® SERIES EQUITY GROWTH FUND
    FIDELITY ADVISOR ® SERIES GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES FUND
    FIDELITY ® BLUE CHIP GROWTH FUND
    FIDELITY ® BLUE CHIP GROWTH K6 FUND
    FIDELITY ® GROWTH COMPANY FUND
    FIDELITY ® GROWTH COMPANY K6 FUND
    FIDELITY ® GROWTH DISCOVERY FUND
    FIDELITY ® LARGE CAP GROWTH ENHANCED INDEX FUND
    FIDELITY ® SERIES BLUE CHIP GROWTH FUND