Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

reading some statistics.

I'm looking specifically at the way M* has it all laid out and presented.

...Looking at the vital stats of a particular ADR: NHYDY. Underneath the reported numbers for Norsk Hydro (NHYDY) there are some tiny numbers, which I'm accustomed to seeing there. I'm talking about ROA and ROE. The tiny numbers show a NEGATIVE number.

I have been going on the assumption that those tiny numbers represent an industry average (?) Maybe I'm totally wrong. But anyhow, especially since those numbers are NEGATIVE, what on earth could they mean? What, indeed, am I looking at there? Thanks ahead of time for responses.
https://www.morningstar.com/stocks/PINX/NHYDY/quote

Comments

• Check the operating performance tab. I'm guessing the little numbers are a reflection of change from previous years or quarters.
  • WABAC said:

Check the operating performance tab. I'm guessing the little numbers are a reflection of change from previous years or quarters.

Thank you very much!
  • De nada.

Just a WAG on my part. Might want to check it with someone knowledgeable.:)
  • Hee hee hee hee hee.