Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Actually, I think it would be entertaining to see the sale price of one or more properties in New York that were part of the fraud allegations. The document linked below discusses the valuations and refers to the methods of valuation. Skimming it I think the wealth involved with each property has at least three values - 1) value for tax purposes, 2) value for loan type purposes and 3) The NY AG assessment of the actual value.

I do wonder, if sold, which value the sales/bond price would align with. Could Trump get a rich buddy to put up the bond with inflated valuations if they thought there was a wealth or political advantage to their bottom-line? Right now, it doesn't look like it but, who knows, maybe a benefactor is waiting in the wings to bail him out if he doesn't win his whines in the next week or so.

Background on Trump Organization Properties and Fraudulent Schemes
    I. Fraudulent, Misleading Values of Properties and Other Properties

This real estate developer, in an article in Newsweek in November 2023, seems to be saying that, the brand argument is real and makes Trump properties align closer to Trump valuations for loan type purposes.

Value of Donald Trump's Properties Broken Down by Real Estate Developer