Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

AAII Sentiment Survey, 3/20/24

AAII Sentiment Survey, 3/20/24

BULLISH remained the top sentiment (43.2%; above average) & bearish remained the bottom sentiment (27.2%, below average); neutral remained the middle sentiment (29.6%, below average); Bull-Bear Spread was +16.0% (above average). Investor concerns: Elections, budget, inflation, economy, the Fed, dollar, Russia-Ukraine (108+ weeks), Israel-Hamas (23+ weeks), geopolitical. For the Survey week (Th-Wed), stocks were up, bonds down, oil down, gold down, dollar up. Fed may keep rates higher for longer. Global rate policies were mixed. #AAII #Sentiment #Markets
https://ybbpersonalfinance.proboards.com/post/1398/thread

Comments

• Bears get worn down when the market moves up so smoothly and consistently.

From Nov-2023 to March-2024, the typical equities index chart is pretty much a straight line from "bottom left to upper right". Not exactly parabolic, but impressive.

We used to say the market was "climbing the wall of worry" as it rose, but now the general attitude seems more like "Well, finally - it's about time we reached new highs. Gimme more."
  • AAII Bull Bear Spread has been positive since 11/8/23. It has been range bound in + double-digits. That is a pretty long period.
  • Hopping on this discussion to see if anyone has opinions about AAII? I live in Minneapolis and the local chapter seems fairly dormant. Are members of AAII generally more day trader types, individual stock pickers, or looking for good managers?

I'm a new member of AAII so have not explored it much.

Full disclosure - I work for a manager who offers a mutual fund. However, we aren't really a sales organization (as in, we don't even have a marketing department and just severed ties with our outside brand & marketing consultants).

Mostly I'm wondering if people read the AAII Journal and other content as that may be a good outlet to get our investment team's thoughts out without it being a sales piece.
  • edited March 22
    You may join AAII social-media communities.
    Some AAII Chapters may be more active than others. They are often looking for speakers.
    I don't think AAII caters to daytraders.
    List of MN-based funds is small.