Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Opportunistic Trader ETF (WZRD) will be liquidated

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1683471/000089418924002557/opportunistictraderliquida.htm

497 1 opportunistictraderliquida.htm OPPORTUNISTIC TRADER ETF 497E
Filed pursuant to Rule 497(e)

Registration Nos. 333-215588; 811-23226

Opportunistic Trader ETF (WZRD)
a series of Listed Funds Trust

Supplement dated April 24, 2024
to the Summary Prospectus, Prospectus and
Statement of Additional Information (“SAI”)
dated February 7, 2024

After careful consideration, OT Advisors, LLC (the “Adviser”), the investment adviser to the Opportunistic Trader ETF (the “Fund”), and the Board of Trustees (the “Board”) of Listed Funds Trust have jointly determined that the liquidation of the Fund is in its and its shareholders’ best interests. Accordingly, the Board approved the closing and subsequent liquidation of the Fund pursuant to the terms of a Plan of Liquidation. The Fund is expected to cease operations, liquidate its assets, and distribute the liquidation proceeds to shareholders on or about May 9, 2024 (the “Liquidation Date”). Shares of the Fund are listed on NYSE Arca, Inc.

Effective immediately and continuing through the Liquidation Date, the Fund will commence the liquidation of its portfolio assets. During this period, the Fund will increase its cash holdings and deviate from its investment objective, investment strategies, and investment policies as stated in the Fund’s Prospectuses and SAI.

The Fund will no longer accept orders for new creation units after the close of business on the business day prior to the Liquidation Date, and trading in the shares of the Fund will be halted prior to market open on the Liquidation Date. Prior to the Liquidation Date, there is no assurance that there will be a market for the Fund’s shares during that time period, and shareholders may only be able to sell their shares to certain broker-dealers. Customary brokerage charges may apply to such transactions.

If no action is taken by a Fund shareholder prior to the Liquidation Date, the Fund will distribute to such shareholder, on or promptly after the Liquidation Date, a liquidating cash distribution equal to the net asset value of the shareholder’s Fund shares as of the close of business on the Liquidation Date. This amount will include any accrued capital gains and dividends. Shareholders remaining in the Fund on the Liquidation Date will not be charged any transaction fees by the Fund. However, the net asset value of the Fund on the date of the liquidating distribution is calculated will reflect the costs of liquidating the Fund. The liquidating cash distribution to shareholders will be treated as payment in exchange for their shares. The liquidation of your shares may be treated as a taxable event. Shareholders should contact their tax adviser to discuss the income tax consequences of the liquidation.

Shareholders can call (800) 617-0004 for additional information.

Please retain this supplement with your Summary Prospectus, Prospectus, and
Statement of Additional Information for future reference.

Comments

• edited April 25
    Since we spent an entire thread talking about this ETF, I feel compelled to post this PSA. Liquidation is approx Thursday two weeks from today. If any one is holding this ETF in a taxable account, do not wait until the date of liquidation as you may receive in liquidating distribution accrued dividends and capital gains.
  • Not a speculator in the EFF but curious. How rare is it that an ETF has such a life span and what does that say about the people behind it. Or: it had a shorter life than DJT.
  • In the WZRD thread there is an indication that the manager is a credible person. My guess would be that the marketing of this fund did not go as well as planned and the manager decided to pursue more profitable alternatives ( cut bait?). Human life is finite and he has to make a choice on allocation of time. I appreciate people who do not prolong a song and dance and waste my time.
  • edited April 26
    Great ticker symbol. Will some other Wiz be able to buy that since Wiz 1 is being discontinued?

Does it cost anything to start an ETF? Thinking of giving it a try.
  • edited April 26
    @hank,

Yes, I think it costs at least $500K to start an ETF, especially for the first one.

I too think it is a great ticker. I think you can use it if it is not being used - check the SEC rules. If you are superstitious, you may avoid it no matter how brand value you might perceive.

If you want a ticker that is being used, you can buy it from the current user. META used to be a ticker for an ETF when FaceBook bought it. That ETF is now METV.
  • @hank - I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate not being asked to be a partner in this new enterprise.:)
  • edited April 26
    Old_Joe said:

@hank - I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate not being asked to be a partner in this new enterprise.:)

You were the #1 “special invitee@Old_Joe. I’ll cross your name off the list. Thanks for letting me know. ;)
  • @hank - You might try that baseball person... he seems like the gullible type.:)
  • @hank, there is also an annual fixed cost of about 250k to run an ETF why even well known firms liquidate ETFs if they do not accumulate assets after a year or two. The ETF business is not as lucrative as inventing an index or strategy that you could license to other ETF shops. Or come up with a hot thematic ETF like a Bitcoin ETF, cybersecurity ETF, etc. Anyway, good luck!