Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bernanke-monitoring-the-financial-system

edited May 2013 in Off-Topic
A "what-ever, OMG or bend over article"; depending on one's station in life............

LINK

Have a good one.....

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I think the article is fantastic. Thoughtful. Clearly articulated. Seems to me the fed has its finger on the pulse of the financial system stability...to the best anyone can. Distinguishing between vulnerabilities and triggers, historical norms and efficient markets. Sensitive to past successes and failures...to what's worked and has not worked. I suspect you guys will start calling me PollyCharles, but I find the article reassuring.
  • WYSIWYG
  • Reply to @Charles: I quite agree with you, but as a former civil-servant, I'm well aware of how policies, and what is regarded as important, can change radically with the appointment of a new department head. I really admire and respect Bernanke, but the subsequent appointment of a Fed leader who does not share his perspective could easily cause his present efforts to deteriorate significantly, leaving the industry to once again "self-regulate", as many of our politicians are paid to promote.