Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Artisan funds

edited May 2013 in Fund Discussions
Has anyone decided not to invest or pull out of Artisan Funds since the Company went public? And if so, what were your main reasons, if any, other than the propensity to focus on gathering assets to propel their stock price.

Comments

• I haven't seen any negative effects; the one A. fund I hold is still closed, the E.R.'s unchanged, and the managers haven't been tasked with running any new funds.
  • I currently hold two Artisan funds ARTQX and ARTMX and have no plans to eliminate either. As AndyJ states, "I haven't seen any negative effects".
  • Given the suject of this thread I feel I can ask how come artisan funds are no longer listed in Barrons in the mutual fund section.Any one know?
  • Reply to @mcmarasco: Ditto here on ARTGX.
  • To date, I have seen nothing to indicate any problems at all. Artisan continues to have a very strong group of managers. Except for their emerging markets fund, all the others have done a good job of balancing risk and reward. We have owned ARTMX, ARTQX, and ARTVX in one client group or another for ages. And just when folks thought ARTIX manager Mark Yockey had 'lost it', he came roaring back with top-decile performance in 2011-2012.
  • Too, the function of going public was, in part, to give Artisan more flexibility (they were paying off some external debt and generating cash to buy out some of the founders' stake) so they'd be able to retain their best young talent.

David