Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gundlach: There Is No Such Thing as Economic Analysis Anymore

Comments

• edited May 2013
    "All you have is the imaginations of central bankers, and you don't know what they're going to do".

Precisely. At this point we don't even know who will head our central bank in three months. Assuming Obama is even allowed to appoint someone, we don't have a clue as to what their policies might be. More QE? Less? Same? None? And the markets will just sit there and ignore this??
  • edited May 2013
    Reply to @Old_Joe: The Fed is very likely to be lead by Vice Chairman (Janet Yellen) for a while after Bernanke has left.
  • edited May 2013
    Reply to @Investor: Let's hope so!! The problem is that he's likely to nominate her for the next 7-year term, and the opposition won't even let that come to a vote. Filibuster, yet again.
  • Err, who said Bernanke is leaving? If Democrats win in 2016, why will Bernanke leave? These guys are "career criminals" if you get my gist. WTF will Bernanke want to find a new job unless he is forced to?
  • As an aside, I have to say the Gundlach interview seems pretty dumb to me. He keeps asking himself questions, then says Yes, No, Maybe, It will happen, I don't know when.

First off, the article starts with "...he was recognized next to Mel Gibson standing in an elevator...". HTF is that remotely relevant? I don't invest with Gundlach and don't think I ever will. Sounds like a "Bill Miller" waiting to happen?

Will the stock market crash? Maybe? This year? Probably, but I don't know. Will I invest with Gundlach? Never. Never, Never? Never EVER.
  • edited May 2013
    Reply to @VintageFreak: If you have any source of information suggesting that he intends to ask for another term, it would be appreciated if you could share that. I've seen nothing but suggestions to the contrary. If he wishes to stay, and the administration is happy with that, why the lack of statement from any and all parties?
  • Reply to @Old_Joe: I would think it is in Bernanke's interest to play hard to get rather than look eager. I can't imagine at his age why he would want another job. Protector of the Lore at Kinko's Federal Reserve, pressing Copy button. Some job.