Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

News Articles and Commentary of Financial Interest- 6/11/13 Feel free to add

Comments

• edited June 2013
    United States:

3 ETF Categories Correct 10% Or More
    ⇒ Link to Greenfaucet
    Original post by TSP_Transfer

Should You Be Worried About Rising Interest Rates?
    ⇒ Link to Seeking Alpha
    Original post by TSP_Transfer

Overdraft charges now 60% of checking fees
    "Regulators appear to be losing the battle against rising overdraft fees"
    ⇒ Link to "Market Watch" Article

Yes, Banks Are Reordering Your Transactions And Charging Overdraft Fees
    "Banks reorder debit card transactions in various ways that can lead to costly overdraft fees"
    ⇒ Link to Forbes Article

US stocks end a choppy day with a loss
    "There's just a lot of uncertainty"
    ⇒ Link to Bloomberg Businessweek

International:

Regulation threatens Europe's banking system - Deutsche Bank CEO
    ⇒ Link to Reuters Article

"ECB has room to cut rates lower"

Floods could cost Germany 12 billion euros in economic damage, warns Fitch

Airbus sets A350 maiden flight for Friday

Japanese stocks slide, join global selloff on Bank of Japan jitters
    "Japanese stocks slumped further on Wednesday, joining a global selloff"

Will Prime Minister Abe save Japan's economy?
    ⇒ Link to Christian Science Monitor Article

MSCI lowers Greece to emerging market status

Recession prompted 'unprecedented' fall in wages
    "Wages have fallen more in real terms during the current economic downturn than ever before"
    ⇒ Link to BBC Business News

Note: I realize that historically on both FundAlarm and MFO there has been, with at least some posters, a strong sense of "proprietorship" regarding who posts a link first, and so forth. Personally, I have never quite understood this: if an article is interesting to and posted by more than one person, that may simply speak well for the article.

In posting a number of articles last week I wasn't particularly happy with the large amount of space taken up on the Discussions page, and thought that it might be an interesting experiment to consolidate articles within a single posting, using a simple but attractive format.

TSP_Transfer has added some very interesting articles of his own, and in fact today initiated the posting, which I appreciate. To maintain consistency in formatting, I've taken the liberty to reproduce his links here along with some additional ones. As far as I'm concerned, I appreciate any additional posts to this daily thread, and I hope that this is acceptable to all concerned.

Speaking of formatting, thanks to a lot of hard work by Accipiter it's dirt simple. "How to" and examples are contained in the User Guide, a pdf file downloadable under "Resources".
  • It is acceptable to me Joe! I copied and pasted your banner from yesterday and started the post this AM with today's date.I hope this did not offend you.I think it is a great idea to aggregate these items under one banner or headline.I also think that anyone posting an item that is pertinent to investing but does not include a question or comment concerning a particular mutual fund or ETF have the courtesy to include a one or two sentence introduction as to how or why the post may be of interest to the rest of us! Thanks for your efforts.