Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Farrell: "another crash bigger than the 2000 dot-com blowout and 2008 subprime meltdown combined."

edited June 2011 in Off-Topic
Would appreciate any comments you may have on this article/perspective:

-> Paul B. Farrell

Comments

• I no longer read Mr. Farrell's writings. He might find better audience at a site ran by Alex Jones.
  • edited June 2011
    Old Joe:

I think the Farrell column is pretty sloppy stuff. The argument seems to be "1. Pundits pumped up the markets with overoptimistic hype before the 1929 crash and before the dotcom and mortgage finance bubbles burst. 2. Pundits are pumping up the markets with hype again. 3. The reprehensible megabanks that were bailed out three years ago are back to their old tricks with no apparent remorse. 4. Therefore, we are heading for the crash of all crashes." It seems he thinks that doomsaying is the antidote for hype. I prefer more measured analysis.

gfb

• is this the same joker that wrote dows would reach 16K 2 yrs ago?
  • Thanks Greg- good analysis.

OJ