Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Computer problems

edited July 2013 in Off-Topic
I miss the exchange in here. Very recently, the wonderful, splendid, lovely, fantastic people at COMCAST have been falling down on the job. They send me in circles from nowhere to nowhere. My internet connection cuts on and off, constantly. Anyone got a few grenades I could borrow? See you later, after this crap gets fixed.

Comments

• Found a way to get on internet. Not a real fix. Switching to "off-topic."
  • Found a way to get on internet. Not a real fix. Switching to "off-topic."
  • I've been using roadrunner for about 5 years without any extended disconnect.
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks, Ron.
    The account is not in my own name, so I suspect that when I call, that's why I get the run-around that enrages me. Well, I mean to say, more of a run-around than is the usual drill. And finally, when my brother called, a simple "refresh' signal did the trick....Or else, all along, I had been talking to blithering idiots who PRETEND to know what they're doing. It's COMCAST, and we are COMCAST CAPTIVES here. But it looks like last night's trick was the deal that got me back up and running. Thank you. Here in southern New England, we have a true 4th of July heatwave. Yaba. Daba. Doo. At least there's baseball and BBQ. :)
  • Reply to @MaxBialystock: You hang in there with heat wave. The entire west coast is well over 90-100 F. We have had good connectivity service with Comcast in the Pacific Northwest. If you think this is bad, think about those who get their IT support from oversea.
  • Reply to @Sven: Not the entire West Coast: here in SF currently 69° & pleasant! Eat your hearts out.

Happy 4th, all!!
  • Reply to @Old_Joe: Bellingham, WA 65 degrees, sunny, slight breeze. Air quality - BBQ polution index moderate.