Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What To Make Of Bill Miller's Comeback: David Snowball Comments

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Here's how the two Mr. Miller legacy funds rate on MFO system, along side some top performing funds for each category and age bracket:

I do enjoy listening to Mr. Miller's views on the economy and on investing, but hard to see me investing in either fund.

Do you know how much a fund needs to rebound to recover a heart-stopping -78% drawdown? More than 450%.
  • Reply to @Charles: How do we see or make these charts?
  • edited July 2013
    Can someone please tell what was the last time / any time Bill Miller outperformed in a BAD market? I mean why should I just not invest in something like UMPIX instead?

We need to stop making celebrities of fund manager. I mean I know Financial Pron Mags and Morningstar start it. However we don't have to believe it. Just like we don't watch Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo.

Right?
  • edited July 2013
    Reply to @ron: Hi Ron. These fund risk metrics should start becoming available pretty soon as a regular feature for MFO readers. Chip is presently testing and formatting the searchable database. In meantime, David's July Commentary included a link to the pdf version.
  • Reply to @VintageFreak: Hard to argue with you on that one!