Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Don Kohn- just might be the next Fed chair

edited August 2013 in Off-Topic
Another possible name...
Washington Post article

Comments

• I think he was in the picture as former vice chairman of the fed. I think he is a bit old currently for a full term.

After he retired as Vice Chairman, he was appointed to the Bank of England's Interim Financial Policy Committee on 17 February 2011.
  • edited August 2013
    Reply to @Investor: Correct on last observation, not so sure on first. He's 70- tread's getting a little thin but should have a few good miles left on him... from 70 to 74 I'm still operating at a reasonable level of something-or-other...:-)

On a more serious note- you're probably aware that a group of Democratic senators sent Obama a "note" a few days ago "suggesting strongly" that he consider Janet Yellin. If that can be read as "don't expect any help from us on Larry Summers", I would think that would make him DOA as far as the Senate is concerned, since the Republicans can hardly be counted on to be enthusiastic about Summers.

Going to be interesting to see how that one plays out.

Regards- OJ