Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

From today's SF Chronicle: No sacrifice is too great...

edited August 2013 in Off-Topic

Comments

• Bankers now have reputation tarnishing them like Lawyers and Car Salesmen. Stereotyped Rascals. It is no small wonder people still enter those professions. I guess the money is good.

I think as the Healthcare debate rages on, we will find more jokes on Hospitals/Doctors.
  • Thanks! I really love Wiley's Non Sequitur, especially his Sunday strips. Used to catch them in the Cron all the time. These days of course, they're online: http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2013/08/29

Replying to VF: I expect more of the outrage to be against insurers who are reaping the benefits of more customers from Obamacare. They are still pushing us through their Rube Goldberg contraptions of fee negotiations, co-pays, deductibles, claims, and EOBs.

Insurance companies are just siblings of banks - they take in money, put liabilities on their books (insurance policies as opposed to bank accounts), and loan out and/or invest the money they take in. So perhaps this cartoon is already a joke about insurers, too.
  • Exceedingly wonderful and satisfying. THANKS!
  • Reply to @msf: You read my mind on that one. Insurers get my vote also.

Take care.