Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Paul Farrell: Beware Of Predictions, Optimism Bias

TedTed
edited September 2013 in Off-Topic
FYI: This is like the pot calling the kettle black. Over the years Paul Farrell has written some of the most outrages articles on MarketWatch.Com.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2013/09/paul-farrell-beware-of-predictions-optimism-bias/print/

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Agree with that. Farrell's ongoing star billing turns me off to Marketwatch.
  • edited September 2013
    Seriously, Farrell is a joke. His opening statement is more indicative of confirmation bias rather than optimism bias. He is a disgrace to the field of Behavioral Economics and Psychology
  • Agree with all above.
  • edited September 2013
    I totally agree with Ted. Paul himself has made a whole bunch of predictions that did not pan out. I do not read his articles except when I stumble upon when someone links here.

In most of his articles these days, he makes outrageous claims and predictions that are consistently and persistently biased towards extreme pessimism. If you took Paul's advise your probably sat the whole bull out.