Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Yahoo Tracker Damaged by Improvements

edited July 2011 in Off-Topic
If changes to the Yahoo tracker have bothered you in recent weeks, there's now a link you can click to return to the "classic view". Whew!

Reminds me of the O'Henry story where a sad-sack named "Soapy" walks along a street that is being "damaged by improvements." LOL

Comments

• Hi Mindy,

Ya, improvements. I used to use a very nice and simple chart tool at MSN Money. It was very easy to read and perform many functions.
    It was "improved" about 1 year ago and required a MicroSlush tool download to use the new functionally. Well, so much for that, eh? The chart function was now very clunky and slow and adding nothing I could find. After 3 months MSN Money placed a note that the improvement had been removed and was being worked on for a fix. The old chart style now has some type of carry-over fix problem and for about 9 months the "fix" for the new charting system is still apparently being worked upon.

Not unlike many things in life and investing, there are some points; even with the tech world were "simple" does the job.

Regards,
    Catch
  • edited July 2011
    Reply to @catch22: As a radio tech, I specialized in "cheap and dirty". Works fine, lasts long time. (Actually, the pros call this approach "elegant".)
    :-)
  • i usually use google finance or yahoo finance, nothing fancy but it looks and work ok w/ me.
    I guess as long as you dont 'trade' every few hrs it should be ok:)
  • I noticed the problems with the newfangled Yahoo page, too. Frustrating. I'll use the OLD one, now. Thnx. Hey, JohnN, I just saw that message from you. Appreciate it a lot.