Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• I'm guessing that if he wanted to stay he could have. Considering the vituperation and total lack of cooperation he has received from our do-nothing congress and their know-nothing tea-partiers, I don't blame him one bit for saying "enough!".

Personally, I think that he's done one hell of a great job.
  • Reply to @Old_Joe:

Bernake has endured so much verbal abuse by know nothing politicians that I would not blame him for not wanting to stay.

Remember the Texas governer Perry? He cannot remember which departments he is going to close but has the face to say that if Bernanke ever came to Texas he would get a good whooping... Totally classless. Incredibly, Bernanke is a republican like Perry but unlike Perry and others have not lost his mind.
  • edited September 2013
    Reply to @Old_Joe: "I'm guessing that if he wanted to stay he could have." Who knows? Not exactly a lesson in tact & diplomacy the way Obama handled this a few months back. I mean - Yikes - When your employer starts dropping hints openly that you'd like to "move on", ain't it time to start looking at other options? In addition, Bernanke probably has ulcers by now. A change will do him good.
  • Reply to @hank: Well, giving the benefit of the doubt, I'm not sure that Mr. Bernanke didn't advise Obama of his feelings before the prez made that comment. If that's not the case, then I'd surely agree viz "tact & diplomacy". Maybe Bernanke also felt that a change would do him good... sure couldn't blame him if that's the situation.
  • Reply to @Old_Joe: I'll buy that. They might have agreed it would be less disruptive to the markets the way it was done.
  • Reply to @Investor: I concur. I recall Perry's senior moment during the presidential debate. Note that he is not running for the next gubernatorial race.
  • I think Buffett, Bernanke, Nicholas Cage, Bill O'Reilly, Denzel Washington, Jim Cramer, John McCain, should all retire. Heck Dick Cheney did right? So what's the problem?