Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Oppenheimer's Risky Bond Bets Backfire---- Again

Comments

• LOL Good one Ted! When did Puerto Rico become part of Virginia?
  • Reply to @hank: Actually Puerto Rico is part of North Carolina, Arizona, Massachusetts Maryland, and Virginia. The fund manager flunked geography.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited October 2013
    Reply to @Ted: Maybe MBA should require some basic geography. Dang these "Ivy Tower" types:-)
  • edited October 2013
    Lessee... East is East and West is West,,, Ummmm.... huh??? How the heck did I miss those?? I guess it's just too much to ask that a state bond contains only stuff from the named state. I wonder how much the Oppenheimer et al lobbying budget/congressional payoff is?
  • Holy cow. What I see from Oppenheimer is never good. Would not go near them with a 10 foot Pole or even an 8 foot Swede or a 6 foot Bahamian.

I rescued a colleague from OAAAX (NOT load-waived) a few years ago--- when M* still had it rated with HIGH risk and LOW returns. Today, it's still a 1-star fund, and the risk/reward profile is not much better at all.
    http://quotes.morningstar.com/fund/oaaax/f?pgid=hetopquote&t=oaaax