Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

for Scott...

edited November 2013 in Fund Discussions
Scott, I ran across a pretty interesting article in last weeks issue of The Economist relating to the history and current situation with respect to interlocking MLPs, and specifically mentioning Kinder Morgan. Thought that you might find it interesting.

Regards- OJ

Comments

• Sorry that I haven't responded earlier and thank you for the article. I don't like the K-1's that come with these companies, but I continue to own a handful of varied MLPs, including Kinder. As for Kinder, I've been a little disappointed with performance this year and annoyed with the attempt by a 26-year-old analyst to try to push a short thesis via Twitter of all places. Still, you have solid management and a company whose assets are really near-impossible to replicate. I like the railroads (as well as "payment infrastructure" - FIS, V) for similar reasons.

There continues to be discussions about regulating MLPs that would result in a similar event as what happened to Canadian Royalty Trusts, but I'm not particularly concerned. One thing that has never interested me that's discussed in the article are BDC's.

Thanks again.