Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Closing Bell: The S&P 500 Had The Worst Day Since August

Comments

• Yes, today sucked.
  • Reply to @Charles: Is that a technical financial term? We had similar technological terminology in electronics...
  • edited November 2013
    Reply to @Old_Joe: Ha!

Here's what I'm learning:

What goes up, must come down. But what goes down, may not come up.

Gravity does apply to the stock market!
  • edited November 2013
    Reply to @Charles:

What I have learned, and should have guessed was going to happen, is I bought more Ford on Tuesday, then it goes down two days straight. My Union Pacific (UNP) stopped out on half my shares to conserve profit, then it goes up three days in a row. If it goes back down below my sell price, may buy it back (it's in IRA).
  • Reply to @slick: Damned if you do, damned if you don't! What's new?
  • edited November 2013
    Can we please fix the wrong formation of 'Its' in the hed? (Ted/David et alia, if/when you do, please erase this comment)
  • I used "its" properly here once, but I admit to having felt embarrassed. (I even parenthetically said something snarky like "Yes, that's correct"). It's just the peril associated with having a country schoolmarm who was a stickler on grammar.
    We all mean well, and we're working cheap.