Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Latest Measures Of A Bid-Up Stock Market

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Point in hand ... traders and speculators follow momentum, usually in short term positions, and folks momentum can run, upward or downward. From my thinking this is currently a richly priced market for the long term investor to be putting new money to work. While I am not currently selling, I have not been buying much either. And, I am currently in a cash accumulation mode as all my portfolio's assets are all paying out a cash distribution.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."

Olde Skeet

Formerly known as "Skeeter" on the MFO board. Seems I had the same handle as someone else that tweeted on the financial markets. And, folks that was not me. So I changed my handle.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Daivd and others ...

Yep it worked ... my new user name is now showing Old_Skeet ... Skeeter seems to be now history. So, unless someone kidnaps my new handle, I should be good to go.

Thanks again,

Old_Skeet
  • edited November 2013
    Reply to @Old_Skeet: Hey there!!! I own the "Old" part of that! And besides, "Old Skeet" kinda sounds like a well-aged bourbon.:-)
  • edited November 2013
    You know Old_Joe, I had an after thought on that. My handle, Skeeter, came from the name of a former family pet. And, at times we called him Old Skeet as an in a fashion name like Old Yellow ... and then there was Good Old Skeet also. I had my son check out the name Skeeter within his trading community and it turns out there was another trader also using the handle Skeeter, not him though. So with this, I elected to change my handle to Old_Skeet. And, I am now "working" retired as I can still be found at the office from time-to-time. But, enjoying the golf course more often, the inlet with some fishing, and my church as it needs the able to help with some of its missions (some local and some far away). With this, I am not sure I am yet retired. I guess one never retires ... just moves on to another phase of their life.

Have a good day ... and, thanks for stopping by and saying hello.

Old_Skeet
  • Ha! Too much. I love you guys, but I'm NOT changing my handle to Old_Chuck just yet=).