Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

POTUS in Canada, "Je suis américain", "parlez vous anglais", " voulez-vous vous asseoir à ma table?"

Comments

• @MFO Members: A poor attempt of communication in French ! That's out catch22, sad !
    Regards,
    Ted:(
  • Morn'in @Ted
    Really?
    Please provide a proper version.
    I, in particular; will be awaiting your expertise.
    Thank you.
    Catch
  • @catch22: Sorry, I don't have time for children, only adults
  • President Trump wants ooot of G6, eh?
  • Le français de @catch22 est tout à fait correct, à l'exception "parlez-vous anglais?" For the lack of a hyphen, out comes the teacher's red pen.
  • @Ted- With the little time we have left it's a shame to waste it on nastiness.
  • Hi @PennyBonds
    As I speak and read Canadian, too; I appreciate your use of "ooot" and "eh".
    A pleasant evening to you and yours.
    Catch
  • Hi @Old_Joe
    Agree and appreciate your comment. The three of us and enough others here don't have as much time remaining with our life clocks to waste on the useless stuff. My attempt at a "funny" with this post didn't cut it with Mr. Chicago area. An, oh well from Michigan.
    Take care of you and yours.
    Catch
  • edited June 2018
    Speaking/thinking about our Canadian neighbors; some of you may be interested in a short mini-series (1997) how Canadian engineering was front running the world in design of sophisticated aircraft in the late 1950's. You'll be pleasantly surprised, and be sure to read the informational near the end of the film, just before the credits.
    The movie is available via this link, as well as a 57 minute documentary.
    Good night.
    Catch

AVRO

• Might be s good time to seal the border. Don’t ya think?

Oops - gotta get Crash back here first.:)
  • Je suis embarrassé par le président américain.
  • @BenWP- No French language ability here, but I intuit enough to say "Right On!"
  • Hi Guys,

We are likely all proud Americans. We dream a common dream of success for ourself and for our Country. Agree with his policies or not, President Trump is the same in that regard. The John Stewart song Mother Country captures that spirit and is very entertaining. Give it a try.

Punch in "John Stewart Mother Country" and give a listen. There's a ton of truth here.

Enjoy!!!

Best Wishes

• @MJG "his policies?" What "policies"? Are you accepting his infantile temper tantrums where he reverses and contradicts what he just said the day before as "polices"? One of the main problems is that he has no "policy" other than self-aggrandizement.
  • edited June 2018
    Re “Hi Guys”

1. “We are likely all proud Americans.”

I’m proudest when we as Americans treat each other with dignity and respect and when we support our friends around the world - particularly those who have stood by America in the past. (Hint: It ain’t Russia.)

2. “We dream a common dream of success for ourself and for our Country.”

Success has different meanings to different people. To some that might mean excellence in the arts, literature. or higher education. To others it means wealth acumulation. And to still others success means military might. All are very different measures of “success.” Not all Americans esteem these various measures of success equally. Nothing “common” about them. But nice attempt to reduce a complex subject to the simplest common denominator.

3. “President Trump is the same in that regard”.

I’m lost here. But if you mean he and I share a common vision for America, I strongly disagree.

4. Music?

Brow-beating NFL players whe knelt during the National Anthem in protest against police brutality, calling them “SOB”s and saying they don’t belong in America strikes me as a peculiar attitude towards music. I’ll pass on the suggested refrain.

Regards
  • "I’m proudest when we as Americans treat each other with dignity and respect and when we support our friends around the world - particularly those who have stood by America in the past. (Hint: It ain’t Russia.)"

@hank- Right on!