Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Value Line funds

Anyone have experience with Value Line funds? Several seemingly good performers and a couple billion total AUM.

Comments

• A trip to Wikipedia shows they had a significant fraud issue a decade ago...
  • Excellent allocation funds. I hold the asset allocation fund. Very happy with it.
  • I own VALSX, based upon recommendations from investing newsletters, and so far I’m really happy with its performance. Put some in my wife’s account as well.
  • Hard pass
  • Meaning what exactly?
    1) An absolute pass, or
    2) Hard to pass

(Sometimes your extremely short comments are worthy of the Delphic Oracle.)
  • No load FundX and The Chartist Mutual Fund letters have VALSX in their model portfolios. Both newsletters have solid long term performance records.
  • Old_Joe said:

Meaning what exactly?
    1) An absolute pass, or
    2) Hard to pass

Old_Joe said:

Meaning what exactly?
    1) An absolute pass, or
    2) Hard to pass

absolute

as in hard no

hard right

or a hard maybe :)
  • Thanks, David. Trying "hard" to keep up with the current jargon.:)
  • edited May 2019
    Generally, a "hard pass" is issued to those that needs access to the West Wing on an ongoing basis.
  • The older I get the harder some things get. But not everything. :(