Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

any comment on Michael MCClung and his book for asset drawdown in retirement?

http://livingoffyourmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/LivingOffYourOwnMoney_eBook_FirstThreeChapters.pdf

before M* went haywire this was mentioned on their old discussion board re long lasting MSWR for retirement account
distributions.

apparently there was a flurry of comment at M* when the book was published in 2015.

any comments on MFO would be useful as i'm currently close to beginning account distribution.......RMD next year.

thanks all!

Comments

• I was able to find this discussion regarding your question. Perhaps some of the links may help discover more answers.

A complex question that would involve at least several common scenarios based upon needs, and money sources at retirement.

Sorry, that I don't have time now to read more about this, or provide anything of value to submit.

Regards,
    Catch
  • https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=192105&sid=d9d66a27ff049344a50981

catch....thanks for your prompt reply!
    above is a link to a M* bogleheads dicussion from a few years ago.

chapter 3 of the free link of the first 3 chapters of the book is the most crucial to get the gist of what McClung
    has studied to be a way of providing a reasonably probable MSWR for varying projected years of retirement.

i understand his concepts with a layman's knowledge,and my library has been able to get me a copy of
    'LIVING OFF YOUR MONEY'

what i'm curious about is if any of the MFO community know of McCLUNG's study,and possibly have any experience
    w/ using his concepts for establishing stock/bond allocations,withdrawal patterns, and various asset allocation
    breakdowns.(us/intl/lc/mc/sc/ growth/ value/bond choices/etc)

it is fairly complex, not a simple strategy.........and he does provide a remarkable trove of research
    to support his premises.

i'm most curious to know if anyone has familiarity/opinions re his work, and how his credentials/work have been received.

thanks again,
    tony
  • perhaps run ORP and see what it says (optimal retirement planner)
  • i appreciate your mention....and went to i-orp.com
    a lot of useful info there to study and understand.