Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

prtxx mmf. TRP

edited March 2021 in Fund Discussions
PRTXX
Just opened TRP brokerage account, and afterwards, I saw that PRTXX is the sweep account. Morningstar never heard of it. "No results." Is this one of those funds @TheShadow alerted us about, recently? Something was being done..... Then a follow-up informed us that the TRP funds that were being monkeyed with were funds that are already closed, and somehow connected to ANNUITIES. As I recall, there were TWO funds undergoing whatever those changes were about. PRTXX = U.S. Treasury Money. That's how TRP has labeled it.

Bloomberg and MarketWatch both DO recognize it. So, maybe it IS real, after all. This is disconcerting.

...Found that item:
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/920467/000174177321000689/c497.htm

497 1 c497.htm
T. Rowe Price Government Money Portfolio

Supplement to Prospectus and Summary Prospectus Dated May 1, 2020

At a Board meeting held on March 9, 2021, the fund’s Board of Directors approved the liquidation and dissolution of the fund. The liquidation is expected to occur on May 6, 2022 (“Liquidation Date”). Prior to the Liquidation Date, the assets of the fund will be liquidated at the discretion of the fund’s portfolio management and the fund will cease to pursue its investment objective. In anticipation of the liquidation, effective May 3, 2021, the fund will be closed to new insurance providers. At any time prior to the termination, we welcome you to exchange your shares of the fund for the same class of shares of another T. Rowe Price fund. After the fund is liquidated, the fund will no longer be offered to shareholders for purchase.

The date of this supplement is March 16, 2021.
E306-041 3/16/21

...So, am I to understand that THIS fund, which is being monkeyed with, is NOT the same as PRTXX?

Comments