Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Selling or buying the dip ?!

12346»

Comments

• +1 hank I'm sure Abigail Johnson, CEO of Fidelity, could have covered the difference from her 24.6 Billion Net Worth !
  • Yeah, but she's probably just living paycheck-to-paycheck.
  • edited October 2021
    Thx Old_Joe for clarification

Bitcoins and cryptos are VEGAS players for Wallstreet. No fundamentals whatsoever
    Go up or down for no reasons

I do believe ASML SOXL maybe good stocks vehicles own for intermediate terms
  • “Bitcoins and cryptos are VEGAS players for Wallstreet”

Makes tulips look tame by comparison.
  • From GP's 3/rd qter newsletter.
    Grandeur Peak Global Advisors
    136 South Main Street
    Suite 720
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Exhibit 3: Cumulative Monthly Returns – ACWI IMI
    Source: MSCI; data from 10/17/2011 – 10/18/2021
    Past performance does not guarantee future results

The trick to truly active management is to take advantage of the periods when the market is
    moving from below trend to above trend, (i.e. capture those above-trend returns) and then protect
    on the downside when the market moves into drawdown.

Seems they buy the dips-diplets
  • Hi @Derf
    The trick to truly active management is to take advantage of the periods when the market is
    moving from below trend to above trend, (i.e. capture those above-trend returns) and then protect
    on the downside when the market moves into drawdown
    Is this not a goal of all investors? We've played our best over the years to achieve such a goal, having periods (years) of great work! and periods of OH crap!

Regards,
    Catch
  • edited October 2021
    I read on one of the treads that those that started buying dips at the market top in 1929 did not see the bottom until 1932 and that the 1929 top was not seen again until 1952/3. Why compare the current equity market to the 1920s market? What are the similarities?