Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What concern are these to investors

edited March 2022 in Other Investing
Acorns
MooMoo
Stash
Tastyworks
Webull

Completely off my radar but these are all online discount brokerage firms recently compared by AAII along with the usual suspects. Does anyone use any of these?

Comments

• nope. never heard.
  • beebee
    edited May 2023
    @Mark,

Just looking at the Tastyworks website know called TastyTrade. They appear to be more of a trading platform. A tasty one I assume.

They are offering a $3K transfer bonus (on $250K)...tastier than most offers. They also appear to have the ability to set up and manage a Trust account which I would like to know more about.

Anyways, here is the website and their account types:

tastytrade.com/accounts/

Promotion:
    tiered-opening-promotion-2023
  • edited May 2023
    Tastyworks is by Tom Sosnoff, JJ Kinihan, and others who helped build ThinkorSwim (which ThinkDesktop was/is fantastic) back in the day. They've been around forever and Tom is a recognizable name who knows his stuff, especially when it comes to options. Tasty seemed far too gimmicky to me when it launched it a bunch of years ago, fwiw saying. Do you need to use their service? No. But I'm curious to see what they're doing now, so thanks for the link.

I've heard of WeBull but that's pretty much it -- just the name recognition.