Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Anyone Buying/Selling (Open "ideas" Thread)

2»

Comments

• edited September 2012
    I have 5 bonds that will be 'called' 10/1/2012, bunch of cash coming in in couple of days. I would probably look at oil/USO or VDE. If Oil gets below 80s-90s, think getting in/dipping in. Otherwise add real estates reits or fund down the line. The one I have before Trow Price Real Estate - was a good fund, but probably too late to jump now. Or maybe buy more bonds [corp BB+ or muni BBB or higher] that mature 3-10 yrs. just some thoughts
  • Reply to @scott: Yeah, great thread, Scott ... definitely worth making a regular appearance.
  • Reply to @tgeno: See also PER.
  • Reply to @Mark: Interesting. Will take a closer look at this one. Thanks.
  • edited September 2012
    I scaled into WAEMX during the summer. I'm in Skeeter's corner i.e. it's been awhile since the markets last crashed, seems like we're overdue. Such is post-2008 investing...

I'll buy more AAPL but will let it come down some before doing so. Otherwise I'm holding more cash than I prefer to, but will wait some time before putting much of it to work again. I like having cash on hand rather than being fully invested, therefore allowing me to take advantage of opportunities when times get weird.

My daughter's over a year old already, time flies.

Great ideas in this thread!
  • Creeping into AQRNX and ARCNX in IRA and Taxable