Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Is M* more screwed up than usual this weekend?

edited April 21 in Off-Topic
CCOR is just one of many ETFs or CEFs I’ve been trying to look up. Here’s what they come back as:

”Like guarantees of future returns, this page doesn’t exist. “

After a year of free access to M* Premium, they got wise and cut me off. No idea why I was able to access it w/o any trouble for a year. Anyway, I took the bait and just subscribed for a year because I learn a lot from the fund analyses they provide - Ai generated though they be. The insights into managers’ histories are helpful.

After inputting my first portfolio yesterday, it appeared to self-destruct overnight with share quantiles for each holding deviating substantially from what I’d put in. And when I tried to run an X-Ray yesterday (before the shares got scrambled) it responded that that service was “temporarily unavailable.”

Just wondered how widespread the issues are. Hopefully they’ll get corrected. I’ll confess to relying on this source quite a bit. Much wider field of potential investments now compared to when I was locked-in at TRP.

Comments

• edited April 22
    @hank 4:45 a.m. EDT, Monday:
    M* is continuously screwed up. A rolling, slow motion screw-up. I admit that I use it a lot too. Out of convenience, because I know where to find stuff on the website. I tell myself: if item A is screwed up, then the comparison with item B--- which oughta be screwed up also--- ought to "jive" somehow.

...But that's not really true. TRP still, I think, is the reason why I still have full access. Or, even though I'm gone from TRP, and ergo should have lost full access, maybe I'm still "in" because my email is also the one I used to connect M* with TRP on the TRP account I'm babysitting for a friend?

They're just always slow and late with the daily updates, especially. I see no out of the ordinary, extreme junk going on.

I just tried to look at CCOR. Got the same feces that you ran into.
    ***I just noticed on X-Ray that the classification of my bonds--- which used to show a tiny fraction "unclassified," now shows 33% "unclassified." Pretty screwy. Too much A.I. involved?