Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Intelligence and Successful Investing Don’t Always Correlate

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Didn't even read the link because I could have told you that long, long ago. If anything high intelligence is an impediment to creating stock and bond market wealth because (at least from my experiences) smart people make it an ego thing. Meaning, they arrogantly believe they can beat the market because they are smarter than the Average Joe. Braininess may work in a lot of professions, but not necessarily in making a living in the markets. You can have the brains, I'll take hard work, perseverance, and independent thinking along with a healthy dose of luck.

Oh, and let's not forget about that wave and cycle guru who brags about his MENSA membership and who has been fleecing his subscribers for some 25 years with his perma-bear and apocalyptic scenarios.
  • In my case the only correlation is "none of the above is true".

Signed: Less than average Joe

• People with certain kinds of brain damage may make better investment decisions.

http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB112190164023291519,00.html#printMode