Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Your thread topic sounds bullish, especially in light of how far the market has come since the 09 bottom. Didn't click on ther link because I think zerohedge is poison to one's net worth.
  • edited April 2013
    Sign of the times I'm sure. We seem to be "connected" all the time now. Those TV guys have probaby seen their "golden days". Than again - they'd improve their ratings with me if they'd put a couple of their right-wing wackos out to pasture.
  • As it should be.
  • I still watch Bloomberg to see Tom Keene, but I refuse to watch CNBC. Having flaming moron Donald Trump on regularly was the last straw for me.
  • I recently went to a less expensive cable ensemble to save about $30 a month. CNBC is no longer on my cable menu, but I still can see Bloomberg TV. My wife is thrilled, because she used to find Jim Cramer's constant screaming very annoying.
  • Not surprising in the least. The steady stream of right-wing and libertarian nutcases that dominate CNBC's reporting and business coverage have taken its toll. Most people with a modicum of sanity find this impossible to sit through.
  • Right or Left whatever. Anybody that follows Cramer on CNBC is not a serious investor in my book. Fast track is another negative. The egos of this group is a stopper.
    prinx
  • people that watch cramer probley also watch jerry springer!!!!
  • Reply to @DlphcOracl:

Oh yeah, it’s those intolerant right wing, pro-business, “wacko”,
    “nutcases” that drive you crazy.
    Evidently your liberal tolerance doesn’t extend as far as listening to an
    opinion that may rub your political biases the wrong way.
  • Reply to @AKAFlack: Perhaps you are lacking even a modicum of sanity?
  • Reply to @Old_Joe:

Yep, I guess that's my problem. I must be insane.
  • Reply to @AKAFlack: Just kidding- we're ALL a little insane... it's a requirement for survival.
  • edited April 2013
    Reply to @Old_Joe: It's fascinating the level of devotion to politics.

I can't tell you how many times I've had this conversation or some variation of it:

Me: "You know, neither side is really looking out for your best interests - they're all looking out for the best interests of lobbyists and trying to do/promise/say whatever it takes to get re-elected."

Other person: "I know, I know...."

(long pause)

Other person: "But you know who's really bad ... those democrats (or republicans, depending who I'm talking to.)

Me: (Shakes head, walks away.)

Maybe we'll all be able to come together to solve problems and realize that both sides are people just trying to get through the day. Probably not.

• Reply to @Old_Joe:

I know you were kidding... I could tell by the tone of your voice.
    It's just that I can't abide the name calling as if we're children on a playground.
    Hey, have a good day.
  • Reply to @AKAFlack: Amen to that!
  • edited April 2013
    Reply to @AKAFlack: Some prefer right wing wackos. Others prefer left wing wackos. Got em on both sides. Just a matter of taste.
  • Oh I'm so happy !!! 10 years from now I hope to come to this board and read "Facebook is bankrupt !!!"

Antisocial, I
  • Howdy,

I stopped watching Kudlow years ago and haven't been able to stand Kernan for several. That's OK. I prefer Bloomberg - more information on the screen and less noise. I remember Gary Smith telling us back on FundVision that he always watched CNBC with the sound OFF - just the tape. Still works best.

BTW, I do like Morning Joe.

peace,

rono
  • Reply to @rono: Me too, black, fully leaded, no cream or sugar. IF the tv ever comes on at my house it's not until the evening news. No cable, no dish, life's a peach.
  • Reply to @Mark: But man, you're missing out on 500 channels of... of... STUFF!! What if everyone was like you? The STUFF industry would be devastated and even more people would be unemployed.

Same here. No dish or cable. Maybe evening news or "Frontline". Then off again. Exception: SF Giants in pennant race.