Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Enron’s Skilling Strikes Deal for Shorter Sentence

edited May 2013 in Off-Topic
From the article:

"Daniel M. Petrocelli, a lawyer for Mr. Skilling, said in a statement: “The proposed agreement brings certainty and finality to a long painful process. Although the recommended sentence for Jeff would still be more than double any other Enron defendant, all of whom have long been out of prison, Jeff will at least have the chance to get back a meaningful part of his life.”"

Too bad that won't apply to all the employees and shareholders that got screwed over.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/05/08/enrons-skilling-strikes-deal-for-shorter-sentence/?nl=business&emc=edit_dlbkpm_20130508

Comments

• Absolutely right. Too bad, indeed.

• If part of the deal was to live in abject poverty on the sidewalks of New York or Minneapolis, OK. Otherwise, what is wrong with whoever made this bargain?

(I don't care what the other's got. If they got a lot less, maybe we should give them more rather than give him less.)
  • I mentioned this to my wife, but she says "nothing doing- a deal is a deal". When does the "better" part start?
  • "Fund discussions"?
    Label it "off topic" and put it where it belongs
  • Reply to @STB65: Happy now? It was an oversight. Deepest apologies.
  • Reply to @Anna: Totally agree. As the commerical with the little girl says: " We want more."
  • Still the smartest guy in the room?