Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Your Shopping List?

2»

Comments

• Reply to @BWG: It would appear to pick specific stocks at least to some degree. The top 10 holdings are available on the T Rowe website, although the full holdings are not yet available.
  • BWG
    edited June 2013
    Reply to @scott: Thanks. Could this be RPBAX with a 10% alternative assets allocation?
  • edited June 2013
    Reply to @BWG: I have a little in RPGAX. Not entirely impressed - to put it mildly. However, to evaluate a fund based on two weeks would be foolish. In tracking it against DODBX, which I also own, it appeared more sedate for a few days. Lately however (especially this week) it has fallen more on a daily basis. A bit surprised - as I viewed the fund as an attempt to reduce bond exposure while still maintaining some "balance" - using the 10% ALT as a bond substitute. The way it's acting, looks like they've got some gold or commodities in the ALT portion at present. Just a guess. Today's losses: RPGAX -2.15% --- DODBX -1.79%. FWIW
  • WBLRX Whitebox Long Short Equity did pretty well today......the Tactical Opportunities Fund did OK as well.
  • On days like these (the worst trading sessions of the year), HSGFX always makes money. The rest of the time is a different story.

+1.26% today.