Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Don't bet the farm; keep investments simple, diversified: Buffett

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/24/us-buffett-letter-idUSBREA1N1H520140224
Investors should instead focus on the future productivity of assets, rather than speculating on price movements, which Buffett said that he was unable to do successfully.

"Games are won by players who focus on the playing field - not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard."

Comments

• Sorry Kenster_1 Global Value: but this has already linked under Buffett" Warns Of Liquidity Curse".
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Buffett's annual letter: What you can learn from my real estate investments

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/02/24/warren-buffett-berkshire-letter/

• TedTed
    edited February 2014
    With all due respect the Fortune article was already link with "Buffet Warn Of Liquidity Curse".

P.S. Would appreciate it if you used Kenster1, the same handle that you use at M*. In my opinion, Kenster1_Global Value looks stupid.
  • Frankly, Theodore, he can use any damn handle he wishes.
  • What MarkM said. Ted, I think we all really appreciate what you contribute to this site, but calling people's handles "stupid" is inappropriate.
  • Reply to @Ted: What the f***
    Ain't you got enough to do without monitoring peoples' handles ....
  • edited February 2014
    Ted - if that's the case you should also change your handles so that it matches here on MFO forum and other forums including M*. In fact there are several posters here who also do not have the same handle here and on other forums whether it be M*, Seekingalpha and others. You're going to ask everyone to change their handles?

This is an investing forum and so what's wrong with "GlobalValue" contained in the handle? Should we have names such as Sweet_K_Bunny as if this was a Wordpress blog on Home cooking? Oh and now you're going to tell me that Accipiter is a real cool and awesome handle and so is Ginko and expat and Old_skeet and Crash and TheShadow and Catch22, etc. etc.

Understandably on slow days - it's easy to fall into a state of mental masturbation.

Look - accept the fact that 1-2% of posts may overlap with yours and don't break a sweat over it. With the volume of posts plus the fact that you just provided a link to Buffet's letter with no reference to it other than "Fortune Article" - can be easily missed...and yes I had overlooked it too.

Hmmm...things are getting a bit too weird.

• Kenster, every forum I have been in has had its own curmudgeon. Ted reminds me of another poster on the old Marketwatch discussions before the big purge.

Surfs up Ted?
  • When I engage in mental masturbation it certainly has nothing to do with somebody's handle. Well, maybe sometimes handles...
  • This is getting pretty weird - are we in Austin yet?
  • Isn't there a product for mental incontinence?
  • edited February 2014
    Name changes?

Couldn't resist.

But everyone should have time for Buffett advice, even if it repeats.