Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buying DLINX

I was looking for a while to diversify my monthly fund purchase, and I like the new DLINX. But looking right now at the fund, it doesn't have any holdings or assets, and the NAV is constant. I have never followed a new fund before.

Does it make any sense to buy into the fund now, or should I wait for it to become a "real" fund?

Comments

• Dip a toe in the water. I suppose this is not anything you don't already know. Don't go whole-hog all at once. I own a different DoubleLine bond fund: DLFNX. It's supposed to be a core fund, but not very traditional, itself. But don't ask me to EXPLAIN that. Do not expect much from these bond funds in the current environment, and you won't be disappointed. AUM, according to M* is $14.5M......You have a more basic, ordinary, core bond fund or funds already, eh?
    DLFNX: 3 years up +5.98%
    1 Year: up+ 0.35%
    YTD: up +3.14% (better than many of my equity funds.)
  • I'm not going to make a big purchase anyway.

But if the fund is not going to be "active" for a month or more, I can purchase one of my usual funds, or I can keep the cash until the fund starts is moving.

Cash > fund that is not moving.
  • Yes, certainly. No rush. I would not be holding a great deal in bonds these days, anyhow.