Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ASTON/River Road Independent Value Fund Holdings as of 8-31-11

edited September 2011 in Fund Discussions
I've notice that fund manager Eric Cinnamond did some buying on the dips during the month of August. His cash position fell from 49.5% on July 31st to 40.8% on August 31st. He still has lots of powder left!

The fund's performance during the month of August was very impressive and not just because he held 40% cash:
ARIVX = -1.86%
Russell 2000 Value = -8.83%

Keep up the good work Eric!

Mike_E

http://astonfunds.com/funds/aston-river-road-independent-value-fund/holdings/#fund-menu

Comments

• Question please: If he had bought another 10 % , what would his return for August be?

thanks, Derf
  • Patience Grasshopper!
  • I have had this fund since the beginning Jan 1. It seems to have a beta around 0.5. I actually have it on margin since margin is 2 3/4% and hope springs eternal! This and Permanent Portfolio are my favorites.