Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

"Congress Proposes Three Changes To Social Security That Make Sense"

124»

Comments

• Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee. Well put. Dumbing-down. I've been singing THAT song for a long time, too, OJ.
  • OJ,
    Touchy, are we? I can't tell if you're being pretend not-getting-it, or contrary, or what, but yeah, it was a stupid remark, and I thought so, and would be glad to say such. Your mom did teach you the diff b/w calling someone stupid and saying that what he or she said was, and why, right?
  • edited November 2014
    Guidelines, guidelines. Sigh. Approximately how many remarks that one believes to be stupid are required before one is allowed to suggest that possibly the originator of those remarks might in fact be, if not stupid, perhaps criminally ignorant?

And how easily we just overlook the fact that this person who is evidently given to making thoughtless, stupid and immature remarks has for all practical purposes succeeded in hijacking a thread with almost one hundred responses and several hundred views.

Enough. No more. Over and Out.
  • Huh? The mother's lesson has zero to do with logic or rightness or ability to deduce and conclude. It's about rudimentary etiquette and not namecalling.
  • "Terminate this thread, with extreme prejudice."
  • I like OJ better..it reminds me of another individual, now posting from a jail cell...