Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Week Ahead: Healthcare Earnings

FYI: Healthcare companies on a seven-year tear have been top performers so far in 2015, helping to push broad stock indexes to record levels, but traders are now looking to protect themselves from a selloff as they await major earnings reports in the sector.
Companies reporting first-quarter earnings next week include Bristol-Meyers Squibb Co, Boston Scientific Corp , Merck & Co, Pfizer Inc, Gilead Sciences Inc and Celgene Corp.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/26/markets-stocks-usa-weekahead-idUSL1N0XL1U520150426

Comments

• Hi Ted!
    With so much in healthcare, one really hopes things go well. I have added a 5th healthcare fund to the mix a while back, TMFSX, mainly for its short positions.
    the Pudd
  • edited April 2015
    Oups, probably you mean TMSFX:) It seems to be quite volatile...
  • Quite right. Silly me. One needs a little color in life, i.e., live wildly, spend some mad money from time to time.
  • Long GILD, CELG, plus THQ, HQL, ABT and PRHSX.
  • @MFO Members: Along with Scott, long FBTCX & PRHSX.
    Regatds,
    Ted
  • Don't plan on reducing exposure, have FBTIX, PHSZX and PJP, all in IRAs, so long term holds.