Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Dentist, S.S., & now Medicare

We've recently had lively discussions on the first two & now I'd like to bring Medicare in to view. After yearly physical & billing, I had 8 services denied. This denial also caused by insurance to deny any payment.
Now if I had used my insurances wellness program some of those test would have been picked up by the insurance.
After reaching the age of 65 , one can have the wellness physical by submitting $100 up front.
My question thus boils down to this: Can an insurance company deny payment solely on denial from Medicare ?
I believe the denial was in part do to Medicare not knowing my complete medical history . Thus I plan to appeal the denial after talking with NP that did the annual wellness visit.
Any thoughts on this topic would be appreciated.
Have nice Sunday,
Derf

Comments

• Never had ANY claim denied from Medicare, what could the "service" be? Medicare can be free but Co-pays and some % of expenses are not......
  • edited June 2015
    What a pain in the ya-ya. I have heard of situations like yours and people usually win the appeals. Which only says - waste of time and money when the claim is obviously legit and the only problem is a technicality that will work itself out in time. It depends on the policy as to the insurance company's role. Is it a private policy outside of Medicare, a Medigap policy secondary to Medicare, a Medicare Advantage plan that only plays by Medicare rules as they interpret them with no expanded benefits; or other???? I feel for you but I think you might be in for a lot of Medicare call center transfers unless they give you the phone number of the person assigned your case.