Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ten Solid Mutual Funds For Income Investors

TedTed
edited August 2015 in Fund Discussions
FYI: If you're an investor looking to boost income rather than long-term growth, you have a ton of great options. Many well-crafted mutual funds are designed to help income investors meet their objectives, whether it be for retirement or to just have some extra cash on hand.

Some of these funds are pure income plays designed for those in or near retirement, while others also offer some nice capital appreciation
Regards,
Ted
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Saving-Money/2015/0825/Ten-solid-mutual-funds-for-income-investors

Comments

• @Ted Stop, put down your pencils, do not continue to the next post! Where's the link? [then, go back to the kitchen and do it right; it's the bean bag labeled "Caff", not the one labeled "Half-Caff" or "DeCaff"]:)
  • @heezsafe: Thanks, !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited August 2015
    "Many well-crafted mutual funds are designed to help income investors meet their objectives, whether it be for retirement or to just have some extra cash on hand."

I've always found CS reporting rather shallow. No exception here. The two T. Rowe Price funds on their list, PRFDX & TRREX, lost 35% and 39% in 2008 respectively. Description might better read: "Buy these funds at the wrong time expecting to generate income and you might NOT have any extra cash on hand or retire as early as you'd like.

• I wouldn't call these income funds with yields under 2%.
  • beebee
    edited August 2015
    These ten funds haven't given me good reason to substitute out my present income fund choice... Pimco Income.

Fund flavors (PONDX, PONCX, PONPX, PONRX, or the cef PDI)... thanks Mark.
  • That would be the cef PDI bee. You can also add in PFN, RCS, PCI and PTY all over-earning their distributions.
  • Some curious choices for sure. FIKFX is a very mediocre fund with a measly yield.