Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fooly Owly Signal 12/09/2015

SELL SELL SELL !!!

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Hi @VintageFreak

The charts are giving me investor "whiplash".............. :)

Side note observation: If not for the continued growth in sporting events from middle school through the professional level, this country would already be in a large recession or slightly worse.
  • edited December 2015
    @VintageFreak- I like your new charting service. If you increase the time frame a little you can be the first to offer a BUY!/SELL!/BUY!!/Oh hell... nevermind signal.
  • VintageFreak,
    I have to laugh at your Fooly Owly Signal
    which just becomes increasingly meretricious.
    Hey, it's good to laugh now and then.
  • It is what it is guys. When markets are in trouble and one uses a weekly moving average evaluated daily, you will get "whiplash".

The point I'm trying to make is once this "whiplash" is resolved, and we look at it after few months, the "marketing" for fooly owly will ONLY show a clean break above or below the chosen weekly moving average. Sadly this is ignored in articles published with hindsight in the future. This is very clear you generate my signal over the past 10 years. You will not "see" true "whiplashes".
  • edited December 2015
    Perhaps it has something to do with where I live, but I see the arm of a one-armed bandit, and to get the tumblers spinning you have to pull the lever DOWN! So, should we get this thing going, waddayasay?:)