Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

GLFOX - Lazard Global Listed Infrastructure Open, @Bee and others

How do you use this fund or how do you think about it in your portfolio? Is it a:
- source of income primarily for you
- Foreign Small/Mid Blend slot component as categorized by M*
- Large Blend slot component as categorized by M* in terms of investment style

Or just what led you to it? I've been looking for something in the infrastructure space and had honed in on IDE (Voya Infrastructure Fund) which is a CEF. The Lazard offering caught my eye and so now I'm curious. Thank you for any response.

Comments

• I use it for the GLOBAL sector exposure in infrastructure, with a nice diversified portfolio that seems fairly conservative....since I'm youngish (43) and still accumulating, the income just lets me snap up more shares when the dividends are paid, which is fine by me. Several regulars on the M* forums hold the fund and there's been some good discussions about it over the past year or so.

It's a core holding in my Roth IRA.
  • Below link is Fidelity site fund composition overview..........note: only 34 holdings per most recent report.
    We are not invested in this fund.

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/composition/52106N442?type=sq-NavBar
  • @Mark I'm still pooling money for an initial investment, and waiting for a good spot. Remember, you can use the MFO search function to find prior discussion and/or anecdotal comments (which can be every bit as useful).
    http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/search?Search=GLFOX

• GLFOX has a low beta, high alpha historical record. Not that it will continue this way but in comparison to TOLSX it has weathered this last storm quite well.

Here it is charted with TOLSX and your IDE:
  • Hi Mark!
    I have owned GLFOX for about 2 years. I use it as a global fund. It is core, and I only add on weakness. I think it is a very well run fund and would recommend it to anyone. Also, in that space, I use FMIJX and MAPIX.
    God bless
    the Pudd
  • Wow, what a fabulous record. Has anyone kicked the tires on the fund to explain its success? I always hesitate to buy funds based on a simple, well-known, and clearly logical investment thesis (the world needs more infrastructure) and a great recent record because I have a nasty knack of buying them just before they mean revert... But that may just be my bad luck.
  • 65% giant and large-cap, with 55% of assets in top 10 holdings. Certainly not SMID and the concentration may give some pause. It has worked as a global holding for me as for @puddnhead during a period when JOHAX, IWIRX and Grandeur Peak holdings in my accounts stank up the joint. I'm adding to GLFOX.