Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Are European Stocks Cheap Or Is The U.S. Expensive?

FYI: One of the most counterintuitive aspects of investing is the fact that you almost need to have bad news for things to get cheap enough to create a good long-term value. Markets or securities don’t become undervalued all on their own. There’s usually a catalyst involved in the form of poor fundamentals, bad news, missed expectations or a combination of things.
Regards,
Ted
http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2016/03/are-european-stocks-cheap-or-is-the-u-s-expensive/

Comments

• edited March 2016
    For the time being, it feels to me that European traders are extremely displeased about something(s) and are starting to express it. I'm thinking we could get a great European buying opportunity into a very large and developed economy, one that could have a long run, before we get another one here. It hasn't happened for quite a while, but it has happened and delivered remarkable returns in the past. Patience may provide a reward; until the moment arrives, though, I think I'm gonna let others step on the land mines.
  • edited March 2016
    "I think I'm gonna let others step on the land mines."

That's pretty cowardly. How we gonna look up to you as a hero and maybe even a smallish statue if you just be hide in the trenches with us?
  • edited March 2016
    @Old_Joe He who hides or stays away.... may have some dollars to play another day. Or something like that. On the other hand, just a small bust, next to the ostentatious mausoleum I plan to have erected to hold my less than sacred remains, would be a nice touch to further impress future Big City cemetery joggers as to what a rich and influential person I must have once been.:)
  • Heezsafe, "land mines" in the local patois hereabouts refers to dog plop in the parks. Are Euro stocks somehow related?
  • @heezsafe- a small bust, eh? Reminds me of my portfolio last year.