Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why I like MFO...

DAK
edited January 2012 in Off-Topic
Where else would I get...
Honest opinions on funds and anything to do with money
A high caliper of posters with mutual fund/ETF knowledge who reply with well thought out answers
No spam
Caring, knowledgeable people that run the site and care what WE think
Falcon's Eye to look up funds in many ways on many sites
Unbelievable write-ups on new funds, manager changes and "Stars in the Shadows"
A well thought out and informative monthly commentary
A list of good investing books
Free booklet on Workplace Communication
A way to bookmark my favorite posts
An e-mail to let me know when someone answers my post
and much more...ALL FOR FREE!!!

Thank you to David and everyone involved in making this site the best website for mutual fund education.

Comments

• I agree with you DAK. I have to be honest I have always been more of lurker but I left for awhile because I missed the old style of the board. I started to read David's excellent commentary this past month and thought I should at least sign up and comment from time to time.
  • Great to hear Hogan!! Don't know if you saw that they are improving the board to resemble the old format. Check it out.
    http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/falcon/PARSER/mysum.php
    Scroll down to see old style with comments
  • Hi, DAK.

Thanks for the kind words. A lot of folks, both on the board and behind the scenes, work awfully hard to produce a really good (free) site. I'm glad you've found it useful. We'll likely go live with the threaded discussion view (that is, give it a permanent, prominent place in the site navigation) within the next week.

As ever,

David
  • 10-4 on that! Super!

Thanks David- give our best to Chip also.

OJ
  • The initial comment in this thread is all true. A new year comes and reminds me to offer new, current, repeated and heartfelt thanks to those who make this website what it is. FREE! Thank you, thank you.
  • Reply to @Old_Joe: She's an angel. I'll pass along your regards. David
  • this site is simply marvelous
    please don't forget to contribute to keep it running
    we should all appreciate David and all the hard working folks here @ MFO
    hopefully we'll all have a good 2012
  • Thanks for reminder John. With markets up, might be good time to fork over a few $$.
  • edited January 2012
    Read my mind, sir... read my mind.
  • scary (nm)
  • You sound just like my wife...
  • Laughing my ass off here.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Somehow I missed the cookies, but I love the kind words. Thanks so much.
  • edited January 2012
    No teleprompters, no cue-cards, no idiot boards, no re-runs; just plain, ad-lib conversation

(Source of Above Quotation: The Lou Gordon Show, WKBD TV Detroit, 1965-1977)