Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

No Script incompatability with MFO [Resolved]

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• TedTed
    edited May 2016
    @Maurice:Peace !
  • TedTed
    edited May 2016
    @Maurice: Peace !
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi, Maurice.

We use Google analytics for tracking basic site visitor information only. We get overall number of sessions, browser and OS stats, visit duration, and so on, but only on an aggregate level. At no time are we able to identify any specific visitor to our site (unless you happen to login and post here).

We use the information we do gather to monitor site traffic, to see which pages people spend time on (the discussion board is #1), and to make sure we're keeping our page design accessible for the greatest number of our readers.

We have not made any recent changes to our site or discussion board software, but I'd be happy to try to work with you to ensure that you continue to be able to post and edit correctly. Please be aware, though, that this is not my area of expertise. You may have to be patient while I muddle my way through it.

Chip
  • @Maurice,

Where would I go to add No-Script to my browser (using Firefox)? I couldn't find it in Options.

Thanks
  • @Maurice
    (1) Isn't there some way of turning the No-Script plug-in off for websites you would designate as "Safe"? I'm also not familiar with this add-on (but would be interested in learning more).
    (2) All my checkers tell me it is as chip says it is. There is only one tracker running on MFO, called Site Analytics, which has been thoroughly vetted and approved by Ghostery as a tracker that does what it claims to do and no more (and if it tried to do more, chip would be able to see it happening, wouldn't she?).
  • edited May 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Maurice- Thanks for bringing "No-Script to my attention. I've installed it and so far it seems to be working just fine.

Regards- OJ
  • Cloudflare is supposed to help speed up our site, by storing copies of static items (such as pictures) on servers around the world. In addition, if our server goes down (or gets really slow) Cloudflare will keep a copy of some of our pages available. That prevents the site from going completely offline. Cloudflare's privacy and security policy applies to MFO and to any visitors of MFO. You can see a copy at https://www.cloudflare.com/security-policy/

I hope that helps, though my explanation is not very thorough.