Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barry Ritholtz: My Annual Predictions For The Coming Year, 2017 Edition

FYI: Once again, it is time for my annual forecasts. The predictions for 2017 are 100% guaranteed to not be wrong:
Regards,
Ted
http://ritholtz.com/2016/12/annual-predictions-2017-edition/

Comments

• Hi Guys,

Barry Ritholtz is a very wise man who recognizes his forecasting limitations. It's identical to our own limitations. He summarizes it in a humorous way that likely overstates those reservations but still vividly captures the futility of even rather short one year projections.

Investing is hazardous duty but is attractive because of the positive historical returns. No reward without risk!

I wish you all good luck on your 2017 investment decisions. Regardless of your talents, and many on MFO have considerable financial and investment wisdom, luck will still be a major factor in determining outcomes.

Best Regards.
  • We gave up trying ( Indexing) and Hired a Pro Firm thru using BALANCED Funds.. and took the Gov't approach..If need to Make more, we have to Put in More..Its just that simple. Of course all the others hate Bal Funds, it takes alot of Business away from everyone else. So don't use them..since 95' 20% in ea. DODBX, PRWCX, VWINX, VWELX.VBINX. It isn't about making 4, its all about Keeping what you make & save from your Business/Job..
  • Old-time MFOers will note that I have been very quiet, for me, re the whole bloody election. The only reason that I depart from that here is because Mr. Ritholtz directly comments:

"Odds President Trump completes two terms... Doesn’t matter – its a Pence admin anyway"

Yesterday I remarked to my wife: "Trump will be lucky to last four years: the man to watch is Pence- by covering for Trump's absurdities he's positioning himself to be the next president. And that will be very dangerous, because Trump isn't in sync with the Republican congress, so almost anything can happen there, but you'd better believe that Pence will be."

@Ted: OK, my man, you opened up this one!

Speaking of old-time MFOers, the other day I noticed that Ted is member #7, with me trailing a bit behind at #9 (as usual).
  • @Old_Joe: "I noticed that Ted is member #7, with me trailing a bit behind at #9 (as usual)." At 80 years, my brain is old and tired, please explain #7 & #9 what ?
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted- Member number. Click on your icon/photo, which will take you to your own profile page. Look at the URL address box- Your address is: "www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/profile/7/Ted"

The last segment is, obviously, your posting name. The penultimate segment, in this case "7", is your member number. I have no idea who numbers 1-6 might be.

OJ
  • @Old_Joe: Thanks,
    Regards,
    Ted