Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Value Of The NFL

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• @Maurice: SPY value $239 Billion
    Regards,
    Ted
  • The connection being???
  • Just a short reminder. The Green Bay Packers are the only public owned team.
    Go Pack !, Derf
  • Technically true Derf but it's just a feel good thing. From Wikipedia:

Shareholder rights

"Even though it is referred to as "common stock" in corporate offering documents, a share of Packers stock does not share the same rights traditionally associated with common or preferred stock. It does not include an equity interest, does not pay dividends, cannot be traded, and has no securities-law protection. It also brings no season ticket purchase privileges. All shareholders receive are voting rights, an invitation to the corporation's annual meeting, and an opportunity to purchase exclusive shareholder-only merchandise.[4] Shares of stock cannot be resold, except back to the team for a fraction of the original price. While new shares can be given as gifts, transfers are technically allowed only between immediate family members once ownership has been established."
  • Shareholder "rights"
  • Ted said:

@Maurice: SPY value $239 Billion
    Regards,
    Ted

Its total assets. SP500 etf 'value' might mislead.
  • edited September 2017
  • TedTed
    edited September 2017
    @Maurice: Real discussions of the NFL take place on ESPN, CSN, and other related sports websites, not MFO.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted: YOU introduced the SPY comment, with no logical reference whatever.
  • Off-topic discussions should be ok as long as they are not abusive or offensive. This one does not fit that description in my view. If not interested, it is easy to avoid seeing these discussions by clicking on Fund discussions on the left. Live and let live! Life is too short!
  • @Kaspa- To tell you the truth, I'm totally confused by the development of this post.

• Maurice posted a commentary seeking to make an analogy between the NFL and intrinsic value, as if from the viewpoint of Marty Whitman. OK so far.
    • Ted replied with a comment re the value of SPY.
    • Not seeing the connection, I asked Ted what he meant. No reply.
    • Maurice then posts addition commentary, and also very politely asks Ted what he means. No reply.
    • Ted then posts one of his all too frequent sarcastic comments re the relevance of Maurice's posts.

I guess it's just Ted fancying himself as some sort of hall monitor again.
  • edited September 2017
  • @Maurice: "jealousy fact", that's a good one ! Ha Ha ! I'll put my contribution to MFO up against your's any day of the week.
    Regards,
    Ted:(:(:(:(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Maurice- He's losing it.
  • @Old_Joe & Maurice: "He's losing it." Losing it, are you kidding I've already lost it. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not taking it anymore !!!
    REgards,
    Ted:):)