Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Springtime for Hitler and Germany. Happy New Year, all.

edited December 2013 in Off-Topic
We're marching to a faster pace... Look out! Here comes the Master Race!

Comments

• Dear Max: Just remember..... Next time no Mr. Nice Guy !
  • edited December 2013
    Watched this based on some of the hype here. IMHO, this film's a waste of time & money.
    Delivers slap-stick comedy in a musical venue - if that's what you're after. Acting is unremarkable. Doubt it ever would have seen the light of day were it not for a highly controversial theme (and yes, I do get the satire). If you'd like to watch a better done musical about life under the Weimar Republic, watch "Cabaret" with Liza Minnelli. Regards
  • disgusting. A bad choice.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oy ! Max, Some people will never understand that humor is what defeated Hitler. The Jews have outlasted a few dozen tyrants and still are one of the world's greatest treasures.
    They tried to kill us; they failed; let's eat!!!
  • I assume Max posted in honor of his name or more likely his alias named after the shows main character.
  • edited December 2013
    Reply to @jerry & others: Max certainly has a right to post this. The film (and play before it) has a mainstream following and has been reviewed favorably by many critics. It's widely considered a political or social satire. I don't object to the content - but would say the (earlier) out-of-context clip was misleading for those who haven't seen the entire film.

I still think this is a third-rate film - probably owing its existence largely to the controversial content.

• Fiscally fabulous 2014 to all
  • Reply to @Alex: Hello, Alex. I think I get it! This was my reaction, too.:)
  • TedTed
    edited January 2014
    Reply to @MaxBialystock: Guess What ?
    Regards,
    Ted

1. Zero Mostel Jewish
    2. Dick Shawn "
    3. Mel Brooks "
    4. Gene Wilder "
    5. Kenneth Mars "
  • Max, I agree with Maurice. It's a naughty thing to post. I don't care if it's from a funny movie or if Mel Brooks is Jewish. It's still wrong and shouldn't be here. I am surprised you decided to greet the new year with Springtime for Hitler and your master race. Sincerely, Mindy
  • TedTed
    edited January 2014
    Reply to @Mindy: Take two aspirin, no make that six, turn on your Blue Ray DVD player and review this film's trailer. Then, give us a full report in 500 words or less.
    Mezel Tov,
    Ted
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063462/
  • Disgusting. A poor choice. dumm·kopf
  • Reply to @Turtle: Are you calling me dumm .kopf.?
    Regards,
    Ted
  • NO -The dumm .kopf was meant to The one who posted the original post MaxBialystock !

Regards,

Turtle
  • Reply to @Turtle: I'm sure if Max had it to do over, he wouldn't have posted "Springtime For Hitler", but he was just having some fun. Anyone would saw the film and didn't appreciate the humor is a dumm .kopf
    Regards,
    Ted
  • The humor is in bad taste and is Not appreciated !
  • Reply to @Ted: With you on this one.

Regards- oj
  • Reply to @Turtle: Take the whole bottle of aspirins, and learn to appreciate life before the aspirins take affect.
    Regards,
    Bayer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer
  • You like to have the last work don't you...
    Get a life...
    Regards.
    Turtle
  • Reply to @Ted:

Don't forget to SHOVE the aspirin where the sun don't shine.
  • Reply to @Turtle: I would, but I just had a colon irrigation.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.