Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

11th June, '14: down day, all around. Which of yours dropped LEAST?

DLFNX. No change on the day. YTD, +4.37%. I think this is the 4th day in a row with no change(?!)

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Hmm.

HCP, SCHN for stocks...both up actually.

So was APA.

RSIIX and WBMIX for funds.

Think you are doing better than me YTD.

Well done!
  • It was a sea of red for me although I am up 5.7% YTD. MAINX was the least down, just a penny.
  • Charles said:

Hmm.

HCP, SCHN for stocks,,,both up actually.

RSIIX and WBMIX for funds.

Think you are doing better than me YTD.

Well done!

Thanks, Charles. If you're right, I won't complain. PREMX (TRP EM bonds) actually has been doing maybe more than its fair share. YTD +8.53%

PRWCX: +6.24% MAPOX +4.55%
    MAPIX +3.59%.

Bonds doing better than equities in my portfolio. Well, DLFNX not so much. Still rather good at +4.37% YTD.

"Break a leg," everyone.

• @Crash re. PREMX. The transparency of that fund leaves a lot to be desired. Have you been able to figure out what is causing it to dance around so much this year? He must have something(s) in local currency about which the world cannot decide re. value, but I cannot "find it." I have come to accept the above-ave. volatility of the thing, but to not understand where it's coming from is rather .... annoying.....irksome?
  • WBMIX broke even, everything else lost money
  • LVS up over 1% today....everything else sort of blah.
  • PRNHX up as a major holding, Restoration Hardware (RH), swung to a first-quarter profit and earnings beat analysts' estimates. Both VGHCX and PRHSX were up. ARTMX was up. Just one day in a multi-decade endeavor.
  • edited June 2014
    The Canadian Rails (CP, CNI) seem to go up every day lately. Sold a little CP the other day, but keeping the rest of CP, CNI. Would not buy anymore of either.

Diageo (DEO) up. Conocophillips (COP) and Vermilion Energy (VET) up, as well as a few other odds/ends.

In terms of EM income, Stone Harbor EM (EDF) has been a pleasant surprise. +17.4% YTD. WMBAX up, RIMIX up in terms of funds.
  • DEVDX up 1.1%
  • edited June 2014
    This AM 6/12
    The big action is in oil amid terror troubles in Iraq, with WTI crude up 1.5% to $105.99 per barrel. Gold, however, sees little bounce, up $3 per ounce to $1,264.

Micron Technology, Inc up near 5% yesterday lifted PVSAX and PYSAX to gains.Many Ivy funds also hold Micron.Like Scott, dividend closed end funds FAM and PGZ saw gains along with precious metals.
  • FKINX - no change (ytd up 8.0%)
  • PRGTX, PRNEX were on the positive side for me though I don't have more then 2% in either. They are my alpha funds.
  • I had no investment that was up yesterday, although I had several that had no change, including PIMIX, DODIX, MWTRX, SXFIX and RSIVX.
  • heezsafe said:

@Crash re. PREMX. The transparency of that fund leaves a lot to be desired. Have you been able to figure out what is causing it to dance around so much this year? He must have something(s) in local currency about which the world cannot decide re. value, but I cannot "find it." I have come to accept the above-ave. volatility of the thing, but to not understand where it's coming from is rather .... annoying.....irksome?

You're right. But it wasn't clear until you spelled it out. I just looked again. He's shorting some stuff. Here's a link:
    http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/holdings?t=PREMX&region=usa&culture=en-US

• edited June 2014
    Another blah day. However, not doing anything. Nothing to buy, don't want to sell anything (especially not the oils w/oil pushing past $105). Just sitting on my hands.
  • edited June 2014
    (EDIT to show this is about 12th June.) ...And the small-caps are taking it in the shorts, down 0.75% or so, today. Eventually, I'll be adding to IRA. It'll be one or the other or a combination of: MAPOX (balanced), MSCFX (small-cap), PRESX (Dev. Europe) and/or PRWCX (balanced). I have other choices, particularly in Matthews. But my Matthews stuff has been doing well. I want to buy discounted shares.